A Scanning Elecron Microscope (SEM) is used to visualize the morphology, the chemical composition and the crystallography of the samples at high resolution. Thanks to Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy analysis (EDX) it is possible to identify the elements which are present in the sample.
- Sample morphology visualization
- Composition contrast image (using backscattered electrons)
- Chemical composition analysis through X-Rays generation (EDX)
- Analysis of optoelectronic behaviour of semiconductors using cathodoluminescence
- Depletion zones visualization (EBIC)
Different materials visualization
Identification and localization of chemical elements of the sample